Important Dates for JEE Exam
|Events||January Session||April Session|
|JEE Main 2019 Notification||September 2018||February 2019|
|Availability of Application Forms||September 1 – 30, 2018||February 8 – March 7, 2019|
|JEE Main Form Correction Window||October 8- 14, 2018||March 2019|
|Issue of JEE Main 2019 Admit Card||December 17, 2018||March 18, 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date (Paper 1 and Paper 2)||January 6 – 20, 2019||April 6 – 20, 2019|
|The release of JEE Main 2019 Answer Key||January 2019||April 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Result Date||January 31, 2019||April 30, 2019|
|Announcement of Top 2,24,000 candidates||March 2019||May 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Main All India Ranks||March 2019||May 2019|
Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main:
|Criteria||Eligibility for Appearing in JEE Main||Relaxation (for reserved categories)|
|Age limit||Must have been born on or after Oct 1, 1993||5 Years relaxation for SC, ST and PWD|
|Minimum qualifying marks (for admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs)||75% marks in aggregate||65% marks in aggregate|
|Year of passing class 12||Passing after 2015 or appearing in 2019||–|
|Total number of attempts||3||–|
This year many changes have been introduced in JEE Main. These changes are:
● The JEE Main from this year is going to be conducted through Online CBT mode.
● The entrance test will be conducted twice every year in the January and April session.
● For online mode exam, candidates can book their exam slots.
● Top 2, 24,000 candidates qualifying the JEE Main exam will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
● NTA has taken the responsibility of conducting the exam.